Hello, a friend of mine gave me their T6426 to repair and it appears that the on-board video card is not working. The MB is a MS-7207. I've done some research and found that inserting a GFX card will solve my problem. Does anyone know this for sure before I go out and purchase one? I tried a GeForce 7200 GS but that didn't work.

Thanking you in advance.

do they have the motherboard manual,it would say what card it could take ,emachine site doesn't give any specs or manual download
i will assume because they gave it to you fix ,you are trying right type of card ,like pci-e or agp,you could also try a regular old 8 or 16 meg pci card just to troubleshoot

I have two of these machines displaying the same symptoms. I've tried PCI and AGP video cards and never got a signal on either of them. It appears the motherboard has died? I hope you didn't purchase anything.

Hello, a friend of mine gave me their T6426 to repair and it appears that the on-board video card is not working. The MB is a MS-7207. I've done some research and found that inserting a GFX card will solve my problem. Does anyone know this for sure before I go out and purchase one? I tried a GeForce 7200 GS but that didn't work.

Thanking you in advance.

I got one of these recently and the original owner said the onboard video was blown, but it does display video. However, it often freezes while booting/rebooting. It flickers and redraws very sluggishly at anything above 800 x 600 resolution until I changed Windows performance from "let Windows decide" to "optimize for fast performance".

Did you guys have similar symptoms or no video at all?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.