Hello hope you can help!,

Well i have a SD card (sandisk SDHC card 4GBs ) and i use it to take phots with my digital camera.

The SD card worked fine on both pc and camera in the past
But yesterday when i took it out of the camera to load the photos onto my pc, windows gave me the following error : "Please insert a card into drive I"

The card cannot be opened from the pc but in the camera it works fine
Can you please help me find a way to save my photos because i have some really important photos in it.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello hope you can help!,

Well i have a SD card (sandisk SDHC card 4GBs ) and i use it to take phots with my digital camera.

The SD card worked fine on both pc and camera in the past
But yesterday when i took it out of the camera to load the photos onto my pc, windows gave me the following error : "Please insert a card into drive I"

The card cannot be opened from the pc but in the camera it works fine
Can you please help me find a way to save my photos because i have some really important photos in it.

Thanks in advance

hi ,sounds like you need to troubleshoot the card reader on the computer ,i would uninstall the reader and reinstall it first ,do this via the device manager .

thanks for the reply but i would also like to inform you that i have 2 readers, both external, and they work fine on other cards but on the specific SD card that i want to copy the files from they both cant read that card.
i tried the card on other computers and none of the computers succeed on reading the card.
should i still try the troubleshoot?

should i still try the troubleshoot?

nope ,sounds like maybe the card has problems ,not sure why it works in camera still thoug .

nope ,sounds like maybe the card has problems ,not sure why it works in camera still thoug .

well thats whats keeping me trying... any ideas?

Are you able to run ScanDisk on the drive?

Are you able to run ScanDisk on the drive?

i cant run ScanDisk on the drive... :/
As soon as i click start to start the ScanDisk the window of the ScanDisk closes and nothing is done...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.