I have a VS-7P that had a bad end I cut the plug and mapped the pins for the wires but some how missed the yellow. Does any one have the pins the colors corrispond to for KDS monitors? I also tore apart the original end for the monitor and it looks like there are other wires of varying colors that only go as far as the braided shielding soldered to the casing. These are mostly the middle set of pins (I don't have my "map" with me at the moment). Are these the "return ground" I have seen referred to on Google and am correct to just solder them to the new case with the shielded braiding? I can order a new cord for $20 from KDS as a last resort, but would preffer the satisfaction of repairing this on first.

...it looks like there are other wires of varying colors that only go as far as the braided shielding soldered to the casing. These are mostly the middle set of pins (I don't have my "map" with me at the moment). Are these the "return ground" I have seen referred to on Google and am correct to just solder them to the new case with the shielded braiding? I can order a new cord for $20 from KDS as a last resort, but would preffer the satisfaction of repairing this on first.

Yes, those are signal return lines, grounded. Frankly, as a monitor repairman, I would go with the replacement cable. It's unlikely that that was the actual problem in the first place, though, unless it was a case of actual physical damage. Bad solder connections at the monitor end are much more common.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.