I tried to download Adobe Flash Player 10 and got a security alert saying I have a Trojan so I turned off the machine. When I tried to boot it back up there was just a blue screen so I initiated system restore by hold 'Alt' and repeatedly pressing F10. Then I got a message saying I need to check for viruses but since I can't start the system I'm at a loss.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I tried to download Adobe Flash Player 10 !

Hi ,did you try and download it from Adobe!

why did you shut it off ,you should have scanned for virus/trojans first ,I know ,i just like to lecture first ,

try hitting f8 on bootup and see if you can go to safe mode with networking ,if you can download malwarebytes ,
www.malwarebytes.org

or .

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Make sure that you restart the computer.

Thanks alot Caperjack, I'll try that!

Mr. Jack, thanks again for taking the time to respond to my post. I installed the Malwarebytes software but i'm still getting pop-ups and freeze ups. I frequently get an error message that reads: Generic host process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. I've also done a complete system restore which reloads the operating system on my Acer One notebook. Apparently the virus got into the system restore program. Morgan.

please follow all instructions when asked !
you didn't post me the malwarebytes log that was created after you ran the program.

don't think the viruse could get into you restore

Oh hell. Unfortunately I rebooted the system again and when I ran a scan it said "no malicious files detected". I guess I didn't send the log because the machine seemed to be running better, for awhile anyway. Don't mean to waste your time. Thanks, Morgan.

don't worry about wasting my time ,thats what i did most of my life anyway ,lol

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Thanks alot Caperjack! Now I must confess I don't know what to do with that info. Do I execute a search query for either of those two files?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.