Hi Guys,

I have a toshiba L300D laptop, and a couple of days ago the harddrive just gave up, i knew it had a large amount of bad sectors so luckily had all the necessary data backed up.

However, i have decided that having to replace the harddrive gives me an excuse to upgrade to Windows 7. With this in mind I want to upgrade the harddrive to probably between 250GB and 500GB. Im slightly concerned however that my laptop wont support a harddrive that large.

Basically, does anyone know where i can find out what the largest harddrive i can put in this machine? I know for a fact that the sata controller is an ATI SB700/SB800 if that is of any help.

Can i also just point out, that laptop doesn't have a working harddrive at the moment and therefore has no OS, so i cannot do anything with the laptop.

Thanks in advance guys, I really apreciate peoples suggestions.

Seeing as it's sata, any sata hard drive will be ok! I'd recommend that you not exceed 500gig as drives bigger than that seem to less reliable! I put a 500 in my lappy some time back and am very happy with it!

Thats brilliant! Excellent news!

Thanks very much for your help.

No problem at all! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.