Im not sure if this Q should be on this forum,but I didnt know where else to put it.
OK
so my HP Omnibook 6000, I just bought the Fujitsu MHT-AH MHT2040AH 40GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache Notebook Hard Drive - OEM. THis is a generic HD that i was told was compatible with my HP laptop.

Ive installed it but...
1- screen doesnt turn on, the light on the laptop that shows if the screen is on doesnt light up (only for a second when i turn the computer on)

2- The laptop isnt asccessing the HD... the light on the base that refers to the HD doesnt light up either.

Ive tried re-istalling it but nothing--
SOme one said something about checking the BIOS, Im not sure what that is and how can I acces it when theres nothing on the screen.

PLease help me, If you dont know how to fix it at least tell me whats wrong, Cause I am so lost and dont what is wrong

Thanks so much!!

Did you try putting the original harddrive back in the machine?

Did you try putting the original harddrive back in the machine?

i have but I bought the new HD because the old one stopped working. so when I put the old HD it doesnt work either but I cant help thinking it might be cause its already broken ...

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions. Unfortunately Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work. I guess Im just going to have to send it to be repaired. But Thanks Again! :smile:

sound like you need to reinstall the op system

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.