Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude D830. It is three years old. When I plug in the AC adapter (only on campus, which is very weird) I get the blue screen of death with the following error message:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It's very odd that it only happens when I am on campus. I have been using it all day at home with no problems.

I tested it yesterday on campus. It ran fine on the battery for an hour. When I plugged in the AC adapter, I got the blue screen after 10-15 minutes.

From what I have read online, it looks like I need to flush the BIOS.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you pc isn't going into BSOD as soon as you plug in the AC adapter, it might not be related to that.
a BSOD 15 minutes later, can be anything else. :)

The error suggest a driver issue, and you should search for updated drivers.
I am using SlimDrivers my self, which is free, and works fine.
http://www.driverupdate.net/

:)

itcould very well be a failinjg battery. If the voltage across the actual compyter is wrong (due to incoherent battery and charger ratings) then it is likely the computer will hang. low battery can give a variety of wrong readings and messages. Try to test with aonther good battery
M

itcould very well be a failinjg battery. If the voltage across the actual compyter is wrong (due to incoherent battery and charger ratings) then it is likely the computer will hang. low battery can give a variety of wrong readings and messages. Try to test with aonther good battery
M

Mjdodd, I accidentally flagged yourpost as a "bad post". Sorry about that.

I only seem to get the error when I plug the machine into an outlet at my University. It seems to run fine when I am at home. This is what is so strange. I don't think it could be a different current at my school, but I am no expert.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.