Intel LGA1155 DDR3 1600 ATX BOXDH77KC
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
Intel i7-3370 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 BX80637I73770
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE 22X SATA DVDRW Drive
Antec 9 Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I have a Samsung 32 inch HDTV I like to use as a monitor. When I plug in the hdmi cable directly into the motherboard, I can see the video without a problem. When I try to download the video card's driver however, both with the cd, and trying manual installation, I get the error "The graphics driver could not find compatable graphics hardware." I opened up my pc and realize that the video card is not getting power from the 6-unit pci connection to the power supply. After plugging that into the video card, and making sure the video card is well in place, I try starting up the computer. The computer starts, but I do not get any video when I plug it into the motherboard, or the video card. When I remove the power to the video card via the pci cable, I can see video using the hdmi cable, but only when it is connected to the motherboard. Please help me, why is it that I cannot see anything when the video card is powered by the pci cable?

is it an agp card or pci express?

pci

reseat your card ... and go in bios select GPU at pcie , save , boot and then plug cable to your card

Do you have been check it your driver version and compatibility?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.