I have a IBM TP600E with Win98SE. I can't seem to get the internal modem (DSP) to install. I keep getting the following error message."Setup cannot load the the installer mwci.dll for the Mwave DSP hardware being installed. Please help if you can.

What drivers have you tried? Are you installing from a CD/Floppy, or is the driver downloaded? Have you tried searching for the mwci.dll file? Where is it located currently?

I suggest installing the driver from different media or something. Even further, you might want to consider reinstalling Windows 98. That dll file may be a part of the OS.

I downloaded the drivers from IBM website. All appears normal until you get to install the the DSP, then you gat the referenced message.mwci is in Win systems where I copied it to. However I still get the cannot install message.

error loading->scsint.dll

I have a IBM TP600E with Win98SE. I can't seem to get the internal modem (DSP) to install. I keep getting the following error message."Setup cannot load the the installer mwci.dll for the Mwave DSP hardware being installed."

It sounds like it's most likely a hardware problem, a defective modem. It can't load the installer bcause it can't find the hardware, it seems to me.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess the problem is the hardware.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.