I've following configuration PC. It goes crazy sometimes. All cabinate fans starts running crazily & display goes off, still I can hear audio like songs or movie audio.
After switching the power it becames normal.

configuration

1. CPU:- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
  2. Motherboard:- Intel DH87MC
  3. RAM:- 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
  4. Graphics:- NVIDIA Quadro K600
  5. Storage:- Seagate 2TB SATA

How to fix the problem???

zarghammasood commented: When we use heavy software it use more graphic card so for cooling this PC run fans more fastly . Its not a big deal +0

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Here's my reading of that report.

1. The GPU is very warm at 85C. That's quite warm for what is going on. 85C is very high and leaving it at such a high temperature results in aging and other issues. Try the usual canned air cleaning, make sure the fans work like new on the GPU. Be sure the airways around the GPU are not blocked.

2. The HDD ST2000DM001 is showing issues in values 01 and 07. Also BB, BC,C5 and C6. This drive should retired to some other duty. It's not failed but would cause a number of problems in a Windows PC.

3. uTorrent. Just a tip. Don't reveal you use such except when talking about PC issues. I can't guess what you are torrenting but it is the fast path to the latest malware. As such I stopped reading your Speccy when I hit this. All software and the OS is considered suspect so no use reading those sections.

In answer to your workstation question. Given your use of uTorrent I can't guess why that is required. What you have is nice enough once you dump torrenting and clean up your PC with a fresh HDD or better yet a new SSD. That alone will be a big upgrade for cheap. You have some untapped CPU performance by installing a single stick of RAM. Install the second stick to get dual channel working. Get the same make and model of that RAM. These small changes and maybe a full wipe of the OS and reinstall since we can't be sure what malware and trojans are installed should result in a very current workstation.

Thanks
I think GPU is the problem child
I'll add some cooling for GPU.

I use uTorrent for movies sometimes, uninstalled it , all s/w are licensed

I have few question,

1. Should I continue use of CPU:- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
  2. Should I just add new SSD or using SSD(primary) + current HDD(secondary) advisable (& possible) ?
  3. Is it possible to add one more graphics card of higher capacity with NVIDIA Quadro K600 (using two GPU) or replace existing one?
  4. Should I switch Power Supply to 650?
  5. I found this RAM on amazon how to check, it is same make and model with mine

As to your questions.

1. I would.
  2. NO!
    The current HDD is failing and leaving it attached will cause all sorts of issues. Delays, hangs, BSODS and "WTH is wrong with my PC."
    No one I know will keep such a drive. Well, maybe to use as some USB HDD to copy stuff on as (unreliable) backup. I'm going to BOLD this item since it's an area that caused so much grief.
  3. Yes. I can't guess why the Quadro but it's the "OFFICIAL" line of cards for CAD work. That said at the office we just use the 1050 to 1080 GPUs and pay less since we don't want to pay that much.
  4. The current 450W PSU is a nice enough SINGLE RAIL MODEL so I don't see why to change that yet.
  5. The SPECCY noted CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 and the Amazon is CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 so that's the matching stick.
  1. SPECCY shows Frequency 798MHz ( memory), where amazon shows Speed: 1600MHz CL9, SPD Speed: 1333MHz

2. I'm using NVIDIA Quadro K600 1GB DDR3. I guess 1050 - 1080 comes with DDR5, so what would be better adding 1050 - 1080 with K600 or replacing existing K600?
    Is it possible to add GPU other than DDR3?

Any suggestion(Manufacturer, model) for GPU?

1. The clock rate is not the data rate for RAM today. In short the Frequency of 798 MHz is fine for DDR (double data rate) since it uses both clock edges so "Speed" is twice that. Speed is not Frequency when working the numbers of DDR. Let's take this as NBD (no big deal) since it's an area that you only get into when deep diving into PC design.

2. As to the GPU, your choices. I can't make these for you but can share we don't bother with the Quadro since we don't do life support CAD. You can google for comparisons between the K600 and say the 1050 Ti (I wouldn't bother with the lesser 1050 today.
    Example: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-K600-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-Mobile/m8080vsm223242

And that's cheating since we are comparing the mobile 1050 Ti and it wipes out the K600. The K600 is just that dated. Nice card but very dated. As to CAD use be sure to google if you need to do something to get the most out of it with your CAD software.

As to keeping the K600, it's so much slower that after you fit both you'll wonder why you did that.

Thanks

I guess only 3 things will upgrade my pc performance

1. memory
  2. SSD
  3. Graphics card

Thinking for 1050 Ti 4 GB. Which brand should I go with - Zotac, MSI, EVGA ?

As to GPU card brand, Tomshardware has compared makes and the usual result is sub percent differences.

I caught a sale on the EVGA 1050 Ti but haven't got around to installing it. Maybe soon.

Sounds like it could be a motherboard issue or a loose connection somewhere

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.