I have been having this problem - it just started today. I use an email/back office program for my business through a company called Earnware Corporation. (I don't know if that matters). I get this box that says "Internet Explorer Encountered a Problem and Needs to Close". When I click on the button for details it gives me:
AppName: iexplore.exe Appver: 7.0.6000.16544 Mod Name: unknown
Mod Ver: 0.0.0.0 Offset 04140d40
It then shuts my whole program down and takes me back to my desktop.

I have searched through these treads and really don't know where to start. I have run a scan w/ my McAfee - found nothing. I ran the ewido spyware scan like the post in this thread suggested. I followed all the directions and when it came to the 4 steps at the end, I set it to Quarantine, I applied all actions, but then it wouldn't allow me the option to save report. I still have the screen up on my computer just in case you need me to tell you what objects were found.

I have also deleted all my cookies and temp files. That's the extent of my computer knowledge.

I am also getting an error pop up in a gray box in other applications. This says: the instruction at "OxffffOclc" referenced memory at "OxffffOclc." The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program. This has popped up quite a few times today just as I was doing different things on the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! Christina

Here's an addition...I thought I'd try to download Mozilla FireFox to use instead of IE. I went to the site, clicked the download button and that IE had to close box popped up. THEN I got the gray box w/ the instruction at 0x0446415e referenced memory at 0x0474c890. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate. THEN I got a little gray box that said Runtime error 216 at 0446415E.
Please Help!!

If the Save Scan button is greyed out at the end of a scan it is likely that under Scanner, Settings you have Automatically generate a report selected [default setting], in which case it will be under Reports tab. I think you may have a little trojan in there?

If the Save Scan button is greyed out at the end of a scan it is likely that under Scanner, Settings you have Automatically generate a report selected [default setting], in which case it will be under Reports tab. I think you may have a little trojan in there?

OK, how do I get rid of that? I am really clueless about this stuff! Thanks for your help!!

Christina

Hello, Christina, please do all that your system will allow of these:
==Download this temp file cleaner from http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1 --click in the download window to run it, and when ATF Cleaner opens go Select all, and then Empty Selected.
Next click Firefox [if you have that browser..] at the top, Select All again, and Empty Selected again. Follow that procedure also if you have Opera.
Close ATF.
==Please use IE to do an online scan at panda:- http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan?
-select a link to the scan... free online virus scan...., enter a valid? email and follow through, choosing My Computer for a full system scan.
Post the log it produces here.
==download hijackthis: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html
-copy it to a new folder either alongside your program files or on your desktop.
-in that folder start HijackThis by dclicking the .exe; now close ALL other applications and any open windows including the explorer window containing HijackThis.
-click the Scan and Save a Logfile button. Post the log here.
If you can get access to that AVG AS report I would like to see it also.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.