I just installed a new WD HDD. All I did was physicaly place the HDD in the computer and turn it on, now I'm getting this error. Imaged attached, any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks. Most of those errors and solutions happen after the system boots. I can't even get to the login screen without this error. If I unplug the new HDD everything works fine but as soon as I plug it in I get those ata errors. I probably purchased the HDD about a year ago but I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever used it, so it's pretty much brand new. I'm thinging that it's either a bad HDD or maybe it's using too much power along with the other two HDDs + one SSD.

In a pinch, I try some USB case to prepare the drive. As to power I rarely run into that as a run of the mill HDD takes at most 20 Watts. A good PC should have much more headroom or spare Watts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.