Hello all,

I've installed a new 80GB HD in my PC with Mandrake 9.2 Linux. The hardware is detected but unfortunately the Diskdrake cannot see the disk (hdc). So, I'm not know what can I do.

I've tryied to write in fstab and mtab, no success.

Please could some one help me?

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo

Hello all,

I've Mandrake 9.2 Linux installed in my PC (512 MB, Atlhon 1.4), together with another 2 HD's (Hda 40GB and Hdb 6Gb). The hardware detection of Mandrake is able to see the new HD, the model, brand and capacity. Also the tool can point to the "/dev/ide/hd/bus1/.... where, at least, the component that manage the hd should be. But they aren't. Each component is used for the old devices. Also, the simbolic link @HDC or @HDC1 doesn't exist.

My tough is, for this reason Diskdrake (fdisk too) cannot see the disk (hdc). So, I'm not know what I can do.

Even I try to write in fstab and mtab, as: /dev/hdc /mnt/newdisk defaults.... doesn't work. A message told me that the line points to nowhere apeears.

Please could some one help me? C'mom there's no difficult to who knows linux!! Of course its not my case!!! :D

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo

Hello,

I merged these threads, as they are the same "conversation".

I wish I could help you eduardo, but I am a Redhat person.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.