Hoping someone has seen this or can help.
Silver G-4 256k memory was freezing up while running then when I restart it gives me the ? mark. I disconnected the HD thinking that was the problem but when I boot from the CD it either freezes during boot-up or boots up but freezes very shortly after. Any suggestions?

Thanx,

John

Hello,

Boot the computer holding the shift key down. This will boot the computer without all of the extensions running. Let it go for a while -- hour or so. If you don't have any freeze up there, then it looks lilke you have an extension conflict.

Christian

Thanks, It was a HD problem that was intermetin and finally it just gave up.

I have a powerbook g4 and with it came os 9 disc. When I try to install classic I get a message telling me there is nothing to install. Even though it is not on my system . Can someone help me with this. I am a complete novice.

I have a powerbook g4 and with it came os 9 disc. When I try to install classic I get a message telling me there is nothing to install. Even though it is not on my system . Can someone help me with this. I am a complete novice.

?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.