I was playing NFS Underground. During a race, at a particular part of the track the system stops responding and the screen turns off. The music is stopped an instead a repeated noise is heard. The system restarts instantly. After logging i can see the error name to be "BlueScreen".
I played again the same track and it happens again.
I use Lenovo Y500 laptop. Windows Vista Home Basic OS,1GB RAM,Intel 945GM Express chipset, 224MB Intel Media Accelerator.
This is the first time i see the error. I have played NFS Most Wanted in the same computer. I had no errors then.
Can you help me resolve the problem?
Thanks in advance.

this is how to get more info on the error in xp (should be similar in vista)

go control panel -> system (i think its under advanced settings on the left in vista)

advanced tab -> startup and recovery settings

make sure Automatically Restart if UNTICKED

then when it crashes you will get a blue sceren and an error number. Post the number here

I think the reason it crashes though is because NFS undergorund is not meant to run on your system. The Intel Media Accelerator isnt really a
224MB graphcis card, its like 8 and steals the rest from the system memory. Therefore it has very very poor games performance and is useful watching movies etc..., and thats about it

or it could be a incorrect driver installed for your graphics card download an updated one from the manufactures website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.