Hi There,

I've seen this problem here at work on two PC's and OS's for over a year and only just figured out what was causing it a couple days ago. Basically, when I use IE with the Google toolbar activated I can only navigate to one or two pages before IE just sits there trying to connect. Once that happens I cannot connect to any more websites with that instance of IE and need to start another one.

However, when I switch off the Google toolbar or surf from within MS Outlook everything is fine.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Perhaps the firewall here at work?

Cheers,

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i dont think si you are probably infected with spyware download hijack this 1.98.2 shut all browser windows, scan, hit save log (save as txt file or open the .log file with notepad), Then post all of the contents of that file in THE SECURITY FORUM i cannot tell you how many times people have posted in the wrong forum. Also if you download the zip file of hijack this then you need to unzip it before running it you cannot run it off of a temp directory.

Nope. Definitely not. Scans done weekly, no other problems. Unless Googles toolbar is classified as spyware.

you might want to check it out anyways just to be sure better to be safe then sorry hijackthis will catch everything not just a set of definitions like ad-aware and spybot.

Nope. Definitely not. Scans done weekly, no other problems. Unless Googles toolbar is classified as spyware.

What are you scanning with? There is no single spyware detection tool that catches everything. At least two and preferably three different tools are recommended for adequate protection. Spyware is becoming increasingly sophisticated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.