I cannot connect to the internet as soon as I start my laptop and the router. I had to run winsock fix to fix the registry keys that are necessary for internet connection and restart to establish a connection.. I scanned my entire system with antivir, ad-aware, a2 free and superantispyware for possible threats. But they found nothing.. Could this mean that my OS has been damaged? If so, how can I fix this? Or should I do a reformat? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hey fella
wotz up? [what a bad question am I asking]
ohk so what error massage do you get.make sure your internet config is right.when was the last time you had access to the net via your notebook.any thing weird happened?

Well, I can establish connection after minutes of waiting.. (without winsock fix) Not to mention I restarted several times before I establish connection.. I just reformatted now so I don't think it's a malware problem.. The same problem still exists.

heya
[sorry for the late response]
the problem might be with your router so see if you can find anything suspicious there

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.