I'm really sorry to ask this but, I'm a complete noobie when it comes to computers. I won't go into too much detail but, basically I was force to reinstall my OS and I'm missing three drivers for it. I am unable to connect to the internet and my other means of getting the drivers have only resulted in frustration and a lot of wasted time. I can't get the required drivers through my other computer which is currently hooked up how my desktop is supposed to be hooked up.

Every walk through i have come across either does nothing or is full of so much technical jargon and bad explanations I get lost.

I'm using a gateway 700 series desktop and I'm looking for the Ethernet controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, and the SM bus controller.

I'd really appreciate the help.

I'm able to get internet access now but, while installing all my original programs I can't get sound from Itunes. If I uninstall Creative SB Audigy, and Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device and reboot reinstall them I get Audio until I reboot again. Then I lose my audio again. The rest of the sounds from the other plays and everything else is fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.