hello

I chose ABC company a few years back when i found out i could choose my domain and get exactly the email address that i wanted

My renewal is in september and i do not want to stay with this company - they have been purchased and it now runs much slower than it did when i started

Currently i have this email site and the email sites that i get as part of my bellsouth/att isp

I do not want to give up my bellsouth/att email addresses

But i do want to continue the email address/domain that i now have

So my question is this: is there some way to 'activate' my outlook express + pay for the domain that i like (i wouldn't even know how to do this) + use my email/domain within outlook express

I hope that this is clear and welcome any questions if i have not stated myself clearly

Thank you

dmgcats

hello

I chose ABC company a few years back when i found out i could choose my domain and get exactly the email address that i wanted

My renewal is in september and i do not want to stay with this company - they have been purchased and it now runs much slower than it did when i started

Currently i have this email site and the email sites that i get as part of my bellsouth/att isp

I do not want to give up my bellsouth/att email addresses

But i do want to continue the email address/domain that i now have

So my question is this: is there some way to 'activate' my outlook express + pay for the domain that i like (i wouldn't even know how to do this) + use my email/domain within outlook express

I hope that this is clear and welcome any questions if i have not stated myself clearly

Thank you

dmgcats

Wow. There is so much wrong in your message.

First, Outlook and Outlook Express are email clients. there are tons of different email clients and they are setup to receive mail from an email server.

Ok. Your email server is often setup with website hosting. You need a hosting company for this.

Finally, your domain name is your Internet Identity. So if your email is myname@abcomany.com then abcompany.com is your domain. Domains are registered with a domain registrar.

So, to begin to address your problems, you need to begin your investigations with determining how your domain was originally registered. You can use a tool, commonly available on the web called "WHOIS". Just google whois and you should find a place to do a lookup. The original domain registrar, network solutions offers this service here: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

The results of your whois search should let you know in who's name the site you registered is in. If the company registered the site in their name, you will need to contact a domain registrar about how to get it changed to your contact information.

Hint: register the email contact address for the domain separately from the domain itself. So me@abcompany.com is not a good idea as the contact address for your domain because if your having trouble with the domain, your not going to get emails concerned with changing the domain. Instead, use an email from your ISP or from a free account like yahoo mail or google mail.

Please ask a question if you like, but hopefully this will get you pointed in the right direction.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.