I keep trying to delete msn messenger but it keeps showing up again and again. When I go to 'Add or Remove programs' it won't let me delete it. It says 'This action is only vaild for products currenty installed.' I have downloaded messenger and gone back to delete it, but it still doesn't work.

Is it MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger you are having problems with? MSN Messenger should uninstall easily enough, but Windows Messenger is a little more tricky. If it is Windows Messenger, then here's how to get rid of it once and for all (This applies to Windows XP, by the way):

Click Start > Run... and type the following line into the box:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Click OK and Windows Messenger will be removed. If you have SP1 installed you might receive an error during the process, but its safe to ignore it ;)

Other than that, I don't know what the deal is, because as I said MSN Messenger should be easily removed.

Hope this helps :)

How can i cancel the automatic login?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.