For a year I have been using a Dell 3010cn laser printer on a wireless network. The Dell is attached to my office pc via a USB connection. There are three other computers in the house all connecting via wireless router. There has never been a problem printing to the Dell from the network until Sat. night. When one of the wireless pc's attempts to print the message "print spooler not running" displays. I have verified that on all of the pc's the print spooler program in on automatic and running. I have even re-started the program and removed the printer and re-installed it with the most current drivers available. There is no issue printing from the local pc. The local pc has been updated to XP SP3. Any thoughts or ideas will be welcomed.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

For a year I have been using a Dell 3010cn laser printer on a wireless network. The Dell is attached to my office pc via a USB connection. There are three other computers in the house all connecting via wireless router. There has never been a problem printing to the Dell from the network until Sat. night. When one of the wireless pc's attempts to print the message "print spooler not running" displays. I have verified that on all of the pc's the print spooler program in on automatic and running. I have even re-started the program and removed the printer and re-installed it with the most current drivers available. There is no issue printing from the local pc. The local pc has been updated to XP SP3. Any thoughts or ideas will be welcomed.

From the pc that you are trying to print from go to my network places. Are you able to see the computer hosting the printer there?
Are your computers running windows XP or Windows Vista or earlier versions of windows?

If you are running all windows XP computer run the network setup wizard and make sure you type the workgroup exactly the same for all computers.

Let me know what happens from these steps

Yes the computers that I was trying to print from indicated that they could see the printer and the shared folders on the local computer. I went ahead a re-ran the network set up on all of the computers affected and for the time being everything is back to normal. thank you very much for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.