Not 100% certain this belongs in this section but anyway:

Over night, my computer downloaded the automatic windows update and restarted. Once I logged back on, my browser would not connect to the internet. I knew i was online because I was running AIM. I restarted my computer and I was able to connect my browser to the internet. Soon after, about five minutes or so, it would not connect to any websites again. I tried doing a system restore but every point I went to said "unable to restore to this point". I didn't have this problem until my computer updated itself. Could it possibly be a browser hijack? If so, I could post a hijackthis log. Any ideas?

Thanks.

NOTE: while writing this post, my browser would not connect when I hit submit. I had to restart my computer in order to connect back to the internet.

yeah, an HJT log would be good...please post it in the Virus, Spyware...etc. forum! Can't hurt to take a look...

I'd go to add/remove programs, enabling "show windows updates" and remove the updates that you just installed. If that fixes the problem you should reinstall one-by-one until to avoid the update causing the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.