Hi. C drive's about 20 gigs and I couldn't manage to have disk space more than a gig. Turned system restore, hibernation off and cleared all the temp files using disk cleaner and other softwares. Very few softwares have been installed. There's a lot of space in other drives. So, what should I do? Just reinstall, or is there any other way to save disk space? I've turned Windows Update on and is it gonna affect my disk space??? Need help.

20 gigs is too small for vista. A clean install of vista uses like 4 to 20gb alone. 40gb+ is the minimum reccomended.

Buy a bigger hard drive and reinstall.

If you are going to buy a new hard drive get the biggest one you can affort because in a couple years it won't be big enough!
A few years ago the first hd I bought was 80 meg and cost about $500.00 USD. I thought it would last forever, but forever turned out to be about 6 months when I filled it up with MS-DOS 6.X os. I have bought several since then and MS-Windows seems to be getting bigger and bigger as hardware gets cheaper.

If you are going to buy a new hard drive get the biggest one you can affort

The fact his machine has a 20gb leads me to believe its an ancient machine in which case he may have a drive size cap of some sort

If the hardware is too old then Vista won't even install. Needs to run the Vista Upgrade Advisor before spending money on a new hd to see if he needs a whole new computer.

hi THis is ganesh here....

if u r facing a low disk space problem then just do oe thing

if u want to install any software then install it on other drive means other than c drive or simply format ur PC an allocate C drive much space coz by default all syssstem files are install on C drive so better way u can make on other drive

thanx

GANESH
98 90 8 143 7
Network admin
I.B.M
Pune

hi THis is ganesh here....

if u r facing a low disk space problem then just do oe thing

if u want to install any software then install it on other drive means other than c drive or simply format ur PC an allocate C drive much space coz by default all syssstem files are install on C drive so better way u can make on other drive

thanx

GANESH
98 90 8 143 7
Network admin
I.B.M
Pune

Isnt 20 GB enough for c in vista....but as ganesh has replied any personel s/w could be installed in other drives alse...pls allocate 30 gig .

No. Vista eats disk spacs.

I will recommend you to cut and copy all unwanted files on other drive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.