I have used many of the cleaners out there but can't clean the drop down list in my browser, I am using Juno dialup,are there any downloadable cleaners that can take out all of the visited urls? I have done everything suggested from my end to erase the list but to no avail.

Which browser are you using? Generally you can just delete all browser history using the browser itself, or you can take off the auto-complete functionality.

I am using windos XP home edition and I believe my browser is Internet Emplorer 6. Im not compurter savy so could you tell me how to delete all the browser history? thanks

I am using IE7, so the setting may be different to yours. Anyway, to delete the browser history it is: Tools > Internet Options > General > Delete (browser history area). To stop the browser from suggesting: Tools > Internet Options > Content > Settings (autocomplete) > untick Web Addresses.

I have already tried those suggetions but they dont work, I still have urls in my browser drop down list

Ok, well I only have IE7, and it works for me, sorry...

I have already tried those suggetions but they dont work, I still have urls in my browser drop down list

i use this program ,www.ccleaner.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.