I can't understand why when I go to certain web pages, I now cannot see the pictures on those pages (sometimes also the banners). There is a small red "x" along with the name of the picture in the upper left hand corner. I have already checked my settings in advanced internet options and all my multimedia picture options are checked. Please can someone advise what I need to do to get this fixed.

Thanks!

Laurence

Try right clicking on the empty box and choosing show picture. If that doesn't work, check your firewall. Also, try clearing out your cache and refreshing the pages.

I just had this happen and knew it wasn't my firewall because I could open the picture using FireFox. I did right click the red x box and selected "show picture," and that didn't work. Then I noticed something else on the right click menu besides the "show picture" option, and I clicked. I can't remember what it was, but it brought up some privacy / cookie settings where I saw that somehow the website on which I was trying to view the picture was set to not accept cookies. Once I changed that (right in the same window as the block list), I was able to view the picture on the web page.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.