Hi
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my current HP computer, and i am using the keyboard that came with it. On it there are a series of shortcut keys that can be programmed to open s web browser, email client, search window etc. and they had been working on and off for a while when i first got it and now for about a month or even longer they have completely stopped working. I have tried to update the driver and it says that it is up to date. i have tried unplugging it and rebooting and that has not worked either. Has anyone else had this happen or have friends that have had issues? Thanks.

Have you checked HP's website for fixes or a BIOS update that might resolve the issue?

No i have not. I will check that out.

I downloaded the driver listed for my exact model's media keyboard off HP's site and the buttons are working again. thanks for the advice. i thought just using the device manager update driver would be enough because it says it scans the internet for drivers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.