Not sure where to post so I guess I will post here.

I have Yahoo! IM, and for some reason I Can not voice chat at all.
This even happens when I try and go into the website and chat there.

It suggests that I get out from behind my firewall and/or open ports 5001 or UDP 5055.

Anyone have suggestions? (Other than uninstall)

Did you run the audio setup wizard? It will tell you what you need to do in most cases.

Yeah, I did. it said that I needed to resolve port 5001 or UDP 5055.

Yeah, I did. it said that I needed to resolve port 5001 or UDP 5055.

Assuming you are in fact behind a router, have you opened up those ports?

Also, what kind of soundcard do you have? Has it ever worked?

I've seen on certain types of half-duplex integrated sound cards, Yahoo chat won't work. I know you need a full-duplex sound card (input and output at the same time) to use the voice chat feature.

Assuming you are in fact behind a router, have you opened up those ports?

No, I didn't know how. Plus I wasn't sure of the safety risk. I have heard that there is a risk in opening those ports.

Also, what kind of soundcard do you have? Has it ever worked?

I've seen on certain types of half-duplex integrated sound cards, Yahoo chat won't work. I know you need a full-duplex sound card (input and output at the same time) to use the voice chat feature.

The sound card has always worked. I know that the mic and the sound will work together. Plus, all that I am doing is using the speakers to hear them, I don't even have the mid plugged in.

When I try and connect to the voice server, it says that I am stupid and that I should go away. It says that I can not reach it because I have a firewall up or something like that. If it is a firewall through the router, then I have no idea how to take it down.

holaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa holaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.