Hi, recently my sound was working fine but a wanted to watch a video and i didnt have the required codecs so i downloaded the Nimo codec pack and installed a standard package. the video still didnt work so i uninstalled it and my computer later froze from a problem unrelated so i reset it and left for the day. i came back home later and every sound has a sort of echo in it like the ding you sometimes get in windows echos and when i play music. Some songs play good except you can barely hear the voice and the little bit of the voice you can hear echos. some other songs that are a bit louder sound really scratchy and also echoey. I've had a problem similar and i just fiddled around with the advanced volume controls to get it good again but this time it hasent turned out like that. I use Avance AC97 Audio and i have attached an image of the advanced volume controls if it helps. i think the problem is related to the actual audio codecs/divx audio etc, but if it is i still wouldent have any idea of how to fix the problem. Thanks for having the time to look through my problem.

[IMG]http://i139.exs.cx/img139/5527/volumecontrols9lf.png[/IMG]

This is a late entry but i have reason to believe it may be a problem with the actual speakers. because my brother said he banged it and they worked but i will still check this out.

Sorry all figured out now. it is the speakers

Sorry all figured out now. it is the speakers

Thanks for coming back to tell us ,you fixed it .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.