Hello people

I am running a systen 2.56 ghz and 1 gb of ram

2 256 memmory modules
and 1 512 memory module

My winXP would restart for no apparent reason all.
and den there would be nothing on my screen n the orange led i shown on e monitor.

i hav no idea wats going on
couls someone kindly asist me

thank u
much appreciated! :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

There are various bugs (viruses) out there that can cause an XP system to restart. I would bet that you will need to download a Spyware / Antivirus utility to clean your machine before it will work properly again. There is also a chance that you recently installed something, perhaps a new video card, or a set of software, that the system doesn't like, and it is forcing the reboot.

Do you receive any warning messages when this happens?

Try booting into safe mode and looking at the logs.

Christian

Hello,

There are various bugs (viruses) out there that can cause an XP system to restart. I would bet that you will need to download a Spyware / Antivirus utility to clean your machine before it will work properly again. There is also a chance that you recently installed something, perhaps a new video card, or a set of software, that the system doesn't like, and it is forcing the reboot.

Do you receive any warning messages when this happens?

Try booting into safe mode and looking at the logs.

Christian

Thanks for the reply.
Much appreciated

I have already updated my Norton Anti-virus and Norton Internet security. And ive got Ad-aware, spybot S&D.

I did not install anything new.
But the comp just decides to restart itself every now and than

Could it be any windows settings that ive changed accidentally?

Thanks dude
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.