I have tried to download a free trial of Nero 6.0 Ultra three times now without success. This download is 33MB, and takes about three hours to complete. The first two times I used Firefox as the browser, and the third using IE. The 2nd attempt simpley stalled about halfway through, but the 1st and 2nd concluded with the same message: CRC failed in Nero\nero.exe Unexpected end of archive, on the last attempt using IE a second meassage came on telling me that there was a problem with IE and that they were going to have to shut it down. What the heck is going on?

High speed cable or other reliable internet connection? Reliable source for download? Browsers do occasionally block downloads but tell why more often than not.

I'm thinking that a 33MB file isn't going to yield very good results coming down over a phone line. Do you ever lose connection on your modem?

Hey guys...I'm beginging to think this has been a exersize in futilitly, after investing close to eight hours into this endeavor. I just found out that I could purchase the Nero Vision Express for .99 cents, and the Nero 6.0 Ultra for $13.99 at Ebay.
Cable and DSL are words we hear about in this rural community, but that's about it. Satallite is available if you're willing to spend about $30.00 a month, I'ld rather spend that on fishing or something as lucrative. Oh well, it's all part of the learning curve I guess. Thanks anyway.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.