With the BIG red squares which are blocking some advertising on CERTAIN web pages?

Member Avatar for Dukane

Not quite sure what you are asking....

With the BIG red squares which are blocking some advertising on CERTAIN web pages?

I did system restore, went back tto the pages they were fine for a small bit of time then the same thing happens?

Not quite sure what you are asking....

HOW to get rid of these RED SQUARES blocking advertising on web pages....

I am not sure if its java or active x or neither?

it could be a security feature or popup blocker of sorts ,what browser/browsers are you using .

thanks caperjack IE Explorer either 8 or the one earlier, I have also brought the pages up in firefox and this happened.

well my opinion is its security software blocking it could be you virus program,a firewall settion or a browser setting so you need to go into the properties/setting of all your security program

well my opinion is its security software blocking it could be you virus program,a firewall settion or a browser setting so you need to go into the properties/setting of all your security program

I have noticed if I restart the machine it will start up and there are no blocks upon reboot, then after surfing for a bit they come back? Any idea what to do from here?

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Make sure that you restart the computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.