hello,

can you help me or advise me if i am doing the right thing...i edited the boot.ini in msconfig,in order to boot faster that's what i know.. i change the timeout=30 to timeout=0
am i doing safe?please help me hoping for your positive responds...thank you in advance

Jemz, if you only have one OS in the boot.ini file, ie no choice, then it makes no difference at all - you could leave it at 30secs or 0 secs, but ntldr will ignore that timeout value and just proceed immediately to load the OS. A window showing the default OS will not appear.
If you have more than one OS then you leave no time to make a choice... and it is likely that the window showing the OS list would not have time to appear, anyway. I have two OSs installed, and 4secs is plenty of time to make a choice if I so wish, else after 4secs the default OS loads anyway.
Clear? :)

Jemz, if you only have one OS in the boot.ini file, ie no choice, then it makes no difference at all - you could leave it at 30secs or 0 secs, but ntldr will ignore that timeout value and just proceed immediately to load the OS. A window showing the default OS will not appear.
If you have more than one OS then you leave no time to make a choice... and it is likely that the window showing the OS list would not have time to appear, anyway. I have two OSs installed, and 4secs is plenty of time to make a choice if I so wish, else after 4secs the default OS loads anyway.
Clear? :)

hello sir thank you for the reply and helping me...okay sir everything is clear to me...
thank you again sir more power to you...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.