Whenever I open Roxio Creator Classic the window does not seem to load properly and part of the user interface window appears as a black bar on the left. The programme will actualy burn CD/DVD's OK only if I use the "File/Burn" command as the other buttons are obscured by the black part of the window. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not solve the problem. I do wonder though if some damaged sectors of my HD or ram might be the cause. I did change my video card recently but as this is the only programme with the persistent problem somehow I don't think that could be the cause. Occasionally a similar problem occurs with IE8 but usually disappears after a reboot.

Screenshot Attached

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

First use Microsoft's memory diagnostics tool described here to verify the computer's ram is ok

If that's ok then check the hard drive for errors -- click here.

If there are no errors there either, then most likely its a problem with the program you are running. I'd go back to the manufacture and ask them if there is a compatability issue with Windows 7 operating system.

Thanks for your reply. I checked my HD for errors and evidently windows fixed something but the problem with Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 persists. Unfortunately I can't check the ram using the Win 7 tool as I am on XP SP3. I posted to the Win 7 forum by mistake. I did a search and will try this tool. The Roxio programme has worked before without any problems so I suspect a hardware problem.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29302883/ram-test.aspx

Kind Regards

Chris

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.