I am trying to trigger an event to run after ten minutes of idleness (as in no mouse or keyboard input). I created a task with the task scheduler, but it is not being triggered no matter how long my computer is idle.

I set the trigger "When computer is idle" and the conditions "Start the task only if the computer is idle for: 1 minute." Anyone have experience setting up a task to run on idle or know what could be going wrong?

I have tested running the task on demand and it works just fine so there must be something wrong with the triggers or the conditions.

Well, it started working most of the time. My computer is set to sleep at 30 minutes, and I scheduled the task to run after 1 minute of inactivity. I just thought it would be on the same timer as the power settings such as turn off my monitor, but as best I can tell it is not on the same timer. Windows 7 x64 is my OS. I'm marking as solved, but feel free to comment if you know how the task scheduler determines inactivity.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.