As Windows began to run, I get the blue screen of death with the error: STOP: C000021a Fatal System Error. The winbdows logonb process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000006 (0x75eb4f51 0x0069el5c). The system has been shut down

How do I fix this? if possible....

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

start with this ,
press f8 during startup before the winlogo comes up, and choose "last configuration that worked"

Tried that and the same error came up.

Tried that and the same error came up.

OK,anything else you tried before i suggest something else you already done

That was it. I am running the system diagnostics from dell system tree

..check your memory, clean it if possible..try to replace or swap a new memory to your old memory..if the issue still continues, repair your operating system..i hope it works!..^_^..

Did you look at this?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes. Among them are the following:

* Mismatched system files have been installed.
* A Service Pack installation has failed.
* A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
* An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

EDIT: Just noticed "last known good" already suggested...

The computer will not let me do anything. It keeps giving me the eroor message. It will let me go into the option screen after hitting f8 but when I choose an option it gives me the error again.

Hi

Insert the XP CD, boot from it. You need to do a repair install, do not choose repair from first window as this is the repair console. have the XP license key handy, on the cd packaging or a sticker on your desktop case or bottom of your laptop.

this will fix your fatal error .... your files and installed software will not be affected.

hope this helps

darren

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.