does anyone know of a good program to download music with besides kazaa or imesh?

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

I use NewsBinPro (http://www.newsbinpro.com) to download binaries from newsgroups. It's a LOT faster than P2P apps, and you can specify which newsgroups you want to target for downloads. It also lets you grab specific files, so you don't have to waste hard drive space on useless files.

ok i got winMX and it works nicely thanks jack

Personally i use Kazaa with 'Diet Kaza' a program that gets rid of the spyware on reg kazaa. Now my kazaa gets fast downloads without spyware and stuff im really happy with it. WinMx i tried, but its not very user friendly if you ask me.

i dont trust kazaa at all i dont care if its "DIET" or not i got a virus from it and im not gonna use it again

You can get a virus from uysing any P2P program, be aware that it is illegal to download music off p2p's unless yhou already own the CD

well you probably downloaded the wrong file, don't be so ignorant, i got a virus from kazaa too once you know, but it wasnt because of kazaa, it was because of the file i was downloading...

well you probably downloaded the wrong file, don't be so ignorant, i got a virus from kazaa too once you know, but it wasnt because of kazaa, it was because of the file i was downloading...

[img]http://www.cs.kent.edu/~akatromp/Images/ani_cartman.gif[/img]

WHATEVA, WHATEVA, I DO WHAT I WANT!

NewsBinPro also has the ability to filter file extensions, so you're less likely to receive an infected file (if you actualy configure the filters) like something.jpg.pif

They have a free version you can grab from their site (the 2.x, at the bottom of the Downloads page) if you don't want the newest.

I've been using it for years, and I'ev never had a problem with it. I've tried Kazzaa, Kazzaa Lite, WinMX, morpheus, and a ton of others, and I still say that newsgroups are the way to go. They also aren't as heavily monitored by the RIAA and MPAA as the P2P newtorks are, and the downloads are immediate (as in, no waiting for 4 hours for a 3 MB file.)

.. just my preference, tho ...

does it have the same interface as like kazaa tho? why is it so much faster?

.......soulseek

(i cant use kazaa because of my firewall)

does it have the same interface as like kazaa tho? why is it so much faster?

mate i honestly one hundred percent recommend kazaa lite resurrection it has NO spyware,adware or advertisements
it HAS a filter for suspicious files. its well laid out it intergrates with xp well. and you can see what the file has been created with ie MWP, quicktime nero showtime etc etc before you download its a superb P2P network
check out the screenshot:cheesy: and if you or anyone else is interested you can get the latest version here released 28.2.04 i got it yesterday and its better still

EDIT: also contrary to belief kazaa lite is NOT kazaa it USED to built on the kazaa (sharman networks) engine but it was illegal but KLR is built on its own engine. also you can do multiple searches, auto search more and also define the lenght of time it auto searches. and an MP3 checker that will check your mp3's for corrupt files and then block if you so wish it too:cool:

NewsBinPro grabs binaries from one server, as opposed to connecting to other clients and hoping their connection isn't maxed out. I consistantly grab about 500MB worth of binaries in a matter of 30 minutes, something I've *never* done with WinMX, Kazzaa, or any other P2P application.

The only drawback to NBP is you can't search for a specific file/title, but I can live with that, since what I download isn't filename-specific.

http://www.newsbinpro.com <- They have screenshots

hi.joe this is just my opinion but for music winmx rules and for movies and software and images kazaa lite resurrection 249 is the best no spyware or adaware or crap at all......... :lol: :lol:

In my personal opinion the best P2P that I have found was DC++. It doesn't come with any spyware/adaware.

WinMX is my personnal fav you just need to know what to look for when it comes to trojans/spyware/adware/viruses... being that ive wrote many in my naughty days i can pick them out and steer away from...but other than that for users who dont know what might be "fatal" kazaa lite a good way to go... thats my .4 cents

i have been using p2p sites for about 8 yrs and all you realy need is a good antivirus progarm and a good firewall and a little common sense and you will have no problems.and another realy good site is shareaza.if i cant find it on kazaa i can always find it on shareaza.cheers and good luck............. :lol: :lol:

i have been using p2p sites for about 8 yrs and all you realy need is a good antivirus progarm and a good firewall and a little common sense and you will have no problems.and another realy good site is shareaza.if i cant find it on kazaa i can always find it on shareaza.cheers and good luck............. :lol: :lol:

well said!!! but also you should take a little more time in searching for files in any p2p program do, keep searching till you find the file you want with the most users. 10 or more usually means its a good file but not always as theres ALWAYS an exception to the rule. also the file youre looking for, you probably have a rough idea on how large the file should be if it doesnt seem to be large enough steer clear.
and a quick speed up tip for kazaa lite users do a manual search on the "file" you want until you have about 10 users at the most or as close as possible then start the download. and select auto search for 1 to 2 minutes so it finds more files you should see the an increase in the speed it im told it even works on dial-up (some older klite programs dont have the autosearch option so dont worry if its not there just get the latest version KLR here) :cheesy:

any thing that has what your looking for plus twenty other things in the file name... is likly to be bad....

rc razor you miss understood 20 users not 20 other things that means 20 people are online and have that exact file. so your dl is going to be quicker and its likely to be a legitamate file as 20 people are using it without deleting it :)

i have also spent alot of time using mIRC where you can download movies before they are even released. and good quality they also have numerous other things to offer ie music,software etc etc its free. and NOT p2p its difficult for some to start with as it uses DOS commands and similiar commands it is fantastic. this is the best link i can find for it clickey. THIS link IS not the program but help on how to get it and how to do it. its well worth a look so give it ago and be eclectic :)

It's all about BitTorrent... simply put

It's all about BitTorrent... simply put

Agree with you on that but someone with 56k modem will get no satisfaction..unfortunately. :sad:

Glad I have cable! :)

I think the best site for downloading music and free music is www.iMusicshare.com

Have a nice day.
Pian

I recomend Napster and Wal-mart, Yeah you got to buy it, but at least the artists get paid.

I'm going to lock this thread because enough replies have been posted and we really don't want to encourage / support the use of P2P apps around here, as they are used to illegally download music and software.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.