Hello,

I need to bypass the administrator password on a Vista PC: disable it/reset it. Additional problems:

This must be done in the same session, as the machines have Deep Freeze. This also means I can't boot other OS. What could work is booting off a cd/dvd/usb, getting the password and then manually entering it.

I need to have 2 java applications connect to each other on my school's LAN. The problem is, while a range of ports is unblocked, java.exe (or javaw.exe) is still blocked by windows firewall. Normally, you'd call the system engineer, but he's MIA or just won't bother.

Also, my teacher's response to my question: "this would work, do I get the points?" would be different from "I only give points for results". :ooh:

My last resort would be to have 2 live linux CDs and boot 2 PCs from them, but then I'd have to configure the network settings, something very unfeasible.

Ideas, anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Konboot is a good idea, but this only allowes you to bypass the ppassword, you cannot remove or change it, so every time you need to start from a CD.
If you want to delete the password use Hirenboot CD, it has offline password reset tool, works with XP/Vista/7. You need to boot from this CD and follow the prompts.

you need this tool. :)
http://www.piotrbania.com/all/kon-boot/

I find it amazing how much I found out with from just a few of those posts the community has directed me too, thanks so much, immotechnology software is our new startup and we are currently looking towards better financing options than a traditional bank. any advice would be very much appreciated.

you need this tool .

you are this tool,lol

Guess I'll have to install Vista myself and try it.

... which raises the question of boot priority. The computers' bios is password protected, most likely.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

... which raises the question of boot priority. The computers' bios is password protected, most likely.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

if its a owner set password and not one from the factor ,you can reset to default [no password ]by removing the bios battery from the motherboard ,or with bios/cmos reset jumper on the board

Just to have another option in the thread, SpotMau PowerSuite has a good password reset utility.

if its a owner set password and not one from the factor ,you can reset to default [no password ]by removing the bios battery from the motherboard ,or with bios/cmos reset jumper on the board

Did you read my post? I can't work a school PC ninja style with a screwdriver so I get a lousy bonus.

i now get it, i think ,you are doing school work ,so this like getting help with your homework .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.