Hi all,

I am writing a currently writing a program that needs to connect to a website via HTTPS. I am receiving the following error when I attempt to connect:

The procedure entry point ASN1_const_check_infinite_end could not be located in the dynamic link library libeay32.dll

followed by:

Could not load SSL library.

I have tried several different versions of libeay32.dll (and corresponding versions of ssleay32.dll) downloaded from http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/ including the latest (1.0.0d), but to no avail. I have tried placing them in the same directory as my exe (which according to these rules means that they should be loaded from there), but I also tried overwriting the versions in the Windows folder too. A colleague uses version 0.9.8i with no errors, but he is on a 32-bit WinXP OS while mine is a 64-bit Win7 OS and the 64-bit build of that version hasn't worked on my PC either.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix the error?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

look up across the top , ,we are in hardware software section ,next to it is "software development",you should post there for best results ,most of the folks there don't come here ,good luck

Thanks caperjack, I posted here thinking it might be an issue with my Win7 x64 install given that it is a windows DLL that is giving me grief. I will try posting there too and see if anyone else has had the same problem.

Thanks caperjack, I posted here thinking it might be an issue with my Win7 x64 install given that it is a windows DLL that is giving me grief. I will try posting there too and see if anyone else has had the same problem.

it may well be a win7 issue ,now you have both areas covered ,helpers who code and helper who know win7 and code ,[me no one of them ] good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.