i would like to either disable or reduce sensitivity of the touch pad as it causes serious upset when typing: cursor jumps at the slightest touch of thumb to another place, or wipes out loads of work.
help!

Most of the time, there's not much you can do about it. My suggestion-- just become a more careful typist, and save your work often.

Additionally, you might be able to check in Control Panel for a touchpad option somewhere. There might be something there, if there is a way to adjust it.

You can disable the touchpad by going into device manager(Start->Run->devmgmt.msc). In there you look for Mice and other pointing devices you double click on your touchpad and on the new window that pops up at the bottom there's a drop down menu where you can choose to disable the touchpad. Apply all the changes and that's it.

You can disable the touchpad by going into device manager(Start->Run->devmgmt.msc). In there you look for Mice and other pointing devices you double click on your touchpad and on the new window that pops up at the bottom there's a drop down menu where you can choose to disable the touchpad. Apply all the changes and that's it.

Thing is, though, the user may still have a need for the touchpad. They might just want it to be less sensitive.

First thing he asked how to disable it so I gave him that. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.