Hi all...

I have a problem here... I have 2 Compaq PentiumIII (model ia P450).

I have image CD's created using norton Ghost and I am supposed to format the computer using those images. The problem is after I finished running the images I restart the computer and it starts rebooting. Then it reaches a black window saying (starting windows) then it freezez there.

I tried then to do a normal format, I installed windows XP and the same thing happened. The same thing with windows 2000 but when I formatted again and installed windows 98 it run normally.

So I believe the problem wasn't with the image CD but with the computer accepting windows XP and I don't know what the reason is. Can anyone help me with this??

One more thing... Is there a way of knowing the contents of the image CD that is created with Norton Gohst??

Thanks

While you install your XP make sure there are no peripherals connected to the machine. This problem sounds like a hardware compatibility issue.

One more thing... Is there a way of knowing the contents of the image CD that is created with Norton Gohst??

The Norton Ghost program has a Ghost Explorer feature which you can use to restor only secific files from the backup.

No!!! I got the minimum hardware connected. Mouse - Keyboard and screen. even no extra cards installed.

And thanks for the second question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.