Hi,

My os is win7 ultimate, as administrator i tried to delete a folder in c drive, it said "you require administrator permissions to delete this folder", But when i tried to change the permissions i get "access is denied", how can i change the permissions now?

Thanks in advance

Did you check the security tab in the properties of the folder to see if you have full control over it or the account your using has a permission to it

yes, admin has full control, yet i get "access denied"

try activating the computer admin acct .right click on, [MY]Computer and click on manage ,turn on admin acct ,reboot and see if you can delete folder now ,also what folder is it Capture43

... when i tried to change the permissions i get "access is denied"

If you're unable to change permissions as an administrator, you possibly need to take ownership of the folder first.

Folder properties > Security tab > Advanced > Owner tab > Edit...

Thanks for your replies

@caperjack thanks, it worked, my antivirus wasn't working properly, when i uninstalled it, i got an error "invalid entries.Ist file", so thought of deleting that folderand install the antivirus again, that's when i got this permission problem, now solved thanks a lot :)

@laxloafer thanks :)

good to hear it helped

I cant even take ownership, cant change permissions or anything always says access denied, I have been dealing with this problem for a fucking week, really getting on my nerves, and yes I am a administrator -.-

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.