It appears to be happening to a few of our users, whereby they are connecting via terminal services to a server and none of their printers pass over. I have tried the same solutions that i will list now on all users that have this problem:

Ensured the RDP icon allowed for 'local resourses' to pass over- didnt make a difference
I tried installing the printer driver on the server side (then removing the printer on the server side too)- didnt work
I tried removing their profile on the server- didnt work
I tried getting them all to log on from one different PC - which worked for all of them, so this final solution suggests its personal to the Pc's that they are using?

Check on the Terminal Server itself. Admin tools, Terminal Services Configuration, RDP-TCP, properties.

It turned out an RDP update worked for a couple of users PC's but the others required a reinstall of the PC. thanks anyway mate.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.