My issue: For whatever reason I now have 15 updates that won't update. It goes through the process and when rebooting it says "Failure" and goes through the reverting process, then boots to Win 7-64. Later from the Taskbar it will tell me I have 15 downloads and will want to start the reboot process. At that point it hangs at 35%, reboots and the same issue coming up. I've run Malwarebytes, and Norton has not come up with any problems. Thoughts on this appreciated.

Thanks for the input Tiger, the MS tool installed, but did not correct the issue. So, here's what I did: Had 16 Updates in the que. I manually downloaded one and it installed successfully. Then went to 2, 3 and 4; all installed successfully. For the last round I tried to install 5, 4 took one failed. I then singularly installed the one successfully that failed when I tried to install 5. I don't know if this tells us anything or not. I reset for automatic downloads, so we'll see what happens when Microsoft sends the next batch. My machine is really clean; took care of the registry, and ran Malwarebytes and Norton in SafeMode. Norton did find about 50 critters, but did expunge them. I did notice at times the Processor shot up to 46% and it seldom does that and the 8 gigs of RAM was at about 26%. I believe my resources are adequate. I would be interested in any further thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to respond, it is appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.