Using edge browser lately and I noticed it doesn't take up that much of memory when running it than google chrome. How about you guys? what are your thoughts about the edge update?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

At office, shop and home the amount of memory used by a browser never seems to matter. As such I have to shrug here. ?‍♂️

For me Edge failed on a few too many sites back along with no addins at first so I never went back.

Finally, the browser wars ended long ago. Use what you want.

Years ago, Firefox was sooo much faster and more powerful than Internet Explorer. Then somewhere down the line Chrome was released and much more lightweight than Firefox.

Nowadays I’m still a Chrome user, just because I’m all about all things Google. But it’s definitely slower than Firefox. As a Mac user nowadays, I’ll even say that it’s slower than Safari.

I use it because I’m comfortable with it and I don’t have a strong motivation to switch.

commented: I have friends that work on web sites. They always test with Safari among the other browsers. +0

I've been using Brave rather than Chrome although I still keep Chrome (and Firefox) around. I don't even care to try Edge.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.