Member Avatar for EliteTiara

Hi

Since yesterday I have been having problems with my computer. It has Windows XP 2002 Home Edition SP2. Since my computer has a lot of programs and stuff that I won't use I wanted to erase it with my original CD from WinXP 2002 Home Edition but what happens is that I got this computer to a repair center and apparently they instaled a WinXP with a CD that is not the one I have and when I try to use mine it tells me that the computer WinXP is more advanced than the one that my CD has. The CD says that if I still want to do so all I have to do is boot from the CD. I did this but it did not work and now my computer is giving me problems. My start menu appears in blank, my desktop icons are gone, when I enter the Display Properties the theme that apparently is working is the Modified Theme, I cannot see images in my desktop, all I can see is a plain blue background, and everytime that I make changes and I restart my computer everything goes back to the blue background again.

I am starting to think that something happened with the windows policies and locked up my computer or something. What or How can I do so I could unlock it? Do I have to look up for or buy another WinXP Home Edition CD from another year (2003 or up) so I could install it? Is there something I can do so I could fix this?

All the help you can give me will be appreciated! Thank You!

Jan579

Go back to that repair store, tell them that they loaded your pc from an XP CD that is more up-to-date than yours, and reasonably demand that they burn you a copy of the CD they used. For no charge, or pretty much just the cost of a CD blank. Then you can use it to do a Windows Repair [via Setup, not Recovery console]

Member Avatar for EliteTiara

I got a profesional to work with my computer and what it had was a virus.. Apparently this was obtructing the vision to some programs and the desktop. Anyways thank you gerbil for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.