Hey
so I'm pretty computer unsavvy, I'm in my house in the middle of nowhere accessing my router via satellite internet connection, and now I find that my router is nowhere and I'm using an unidentified network. I do have access to the satellite connection across the street? So maybe it's defaulting to that one, but my router isn't even available. I have an hp pavilion dv6636 laptop with vista and amd, and I don't know how to find my router and override the other network.

If your connected to your own network and have internet access, then there is no problem.

Windows Vista sometimes cannot resolve the Identifier (SSID - name of the computer or router). This has been addressed in the release of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1).

thanks
i figured out that if i click on connect/disconnect, it will allow me to choose my router which is my default. i think the unidentified router is my neighbors - which i have access to - and for some reason when i am range it defaults to his router. i have very limited range to across the street however, thus lies the problem.
thanks for the response

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.