Hi everyone

Very soon i will be putting my site onto a paid host and i was wondering what it means when a host says that i will "get these scripts free" and there are lots of things links invision power board and vbulliten listed.

Does this mean that i get a free forum when i use that host? Because a forum would be a great thing for my site and i really really dont want to have to MAKE ONE !! or buy one.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

yeah that is what they mean. in wherever you control your site there will probably be a place where it says scripts or addons and then it will install whatever ones you want. Most forums require sql databases so your hoster probably gave you some.

That host probably has an auto installer for phpbb.

most web host should really offer fantastico which will install around 50 free scripts for you listed below:

Blogs

b2 - A classy news/weblog tool

b2evolution - b2evolution is a classy news/weblog tool (aka logware), i-e software allowing you to run newsfeeds and weblogs.

Nucleus - Nucleus allows you to easily maintain your own weblog(s) on your own server.

pMachine Free - Publish web content from a weblog, to an advanced interactive magazine.

WordPress - WordPress is a state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. What a mouthful.
Content Management

Drupal - Drupal is an open-source platform and content management system for building dynamic web sites offering a broad range of features and services including user administration, publishing workflow, discussion capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalities using controlled vocabularies and XML publishing for content sharing purposes. Equipped with a powerful blend of features and configurability, Drupal can support a diverse range of web projects ranging from personal weblogs to large community-driven sites.

Geeklog - Geeklog allows you to create your own virtual community area, complete with user administration, story posting, messaging, comments, polls, calendar, weblinks, and more!

PHP-Nuke - A web portal and online community system which includes web-based administration, surveys, and is user customizable.

phpWebSite - phpWebSite provides a complete web site content management system. Web-based administration allows for easy maintenance of interactive, community-driven web sites.

Post-Nuke - A web portal and online community system.

Siteframe - Make a weblog where you and your friends can contribute stories, pictures, and links. Build a community-service site that's easily updatable by your office staff.

Xoops - XOOPS is a dynamic OO (Object Oriented) based open source portal script written in PHP. XOOPS is the ideal tool for developing small to large dynamic community websites, intra company portals, corporate portals, weblogs and much more.

Customer Support

Crafty Syntax Live Help - A live Help support chat system that allows the operators of the websites to monitor their visitors as they are browsing the site and proactively open a chat session with the visitor. Other features include Mysql database, chat notification, user is typing message, multiple chat sessions, referer tracking, page view tracking and multiple operators.

Help Center Live - Help Center Live is a powerful tool that allows real-time conversation with visitors on your site, as well as a trouble ticket interface and faq database. You can access Help Center live from any computer with an internet connection, anywhere! This powerful tool allows true 24/7 customer support on your website for free!

osTicket - A feature packed support ticket system

PHP Support Tickets - A Simple, Secure & Powerful solution to customer relations.

Support Logic Helpdesk - The Support Logic Helpdesk is a script to provide an organized support platform for you and your clients. Support requests can be sent by email (if the email pipe got activated) and directly through the helpdesk via "tickets", which then can be processed by the staff members

Support Services Manager - SSM is your complete support desk, knowledge base management, and customer relations management solution!

Discussion Boards

Invision Board - Invision Power Board offers many useful features that will have your members coming back for more. Use the inbuilt searchable help system to build your own FAQ's and keep your members updated on future events with the handy calendar. Create or import different skin sets to allow your members to choose a style they like.

phpBB2 - A web-based bulletin board system

YaBBSE - A web-based bulletin board system

PHP Chatroom - A web based chat room system.

Forum / BBS - A web-based bulletin board system

E-Commerce

CubeCart - An ecommerce shopping cart

OS Commerce - osCommerce is an easy to use and configure shopping cart system.

Interchange Shopping Cart - The Interchange Shopping Cart is a fully-featured shopping cart that can be installed with a the click of a button

Agora Shopping Cart - The Agora Shopping Cart is a fully-featured shopping cart that can be installed with the click of a button
Image Galleries

4Images Gallery - A browser based picture gallery system.

Gallery - A picture gallery system.

Mailing Lists

PHPlist - PHPlist is a web application that implements a personalised mailing list manager or customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Project Management

dotProject -PHP web-based project management framework that includes modules for companies, projects, tasks (with Gantt charts), forums, files, calendar, contacts, tickets/helpdesk, multi-language support, user/module permissions and themes

PHProjekt - PHProjekt is a modular application for the coordination of group activities and to share informations and document via intranet and internet. Components of PHProjekt: Group calendar, project management, time card system, file management, contact manager, mail client and 9 other modules

Other Scripts

Moodle - Moodle is a course management system (CMS) - a software package designed to help educators create quality online courses. Such e-learning systems are sometimes also called Learning Management Systems (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environments (VLE).

Noahs Classifieds - An easy to use classified ad system

Open-Realty - Open-Realty is a free easy to install, web content management solution, for real estate listings

phpAdsNew - phpadnews is an ad server with an integrated banner management interface and tracking system for gathering statistics. With phpadnews you can easily rotate paid banners and your own in-house advertisements.

PHPauction - provides a complete suite of applications and services for building auction web sites

phpFormGenerator - phpFormGenerator is an easy-to-use tool to create reliable and efficient web forms in a snap. No programming of any sort is required. Just follow along the phpFormGenerator wizard and at the end, you will have a fully functional web form!

phpLinks - phpLinks is a free PHP script which allows you to run a very powerful link farm or search engine simulation. Features include full search capabilities, recursive multilevel site categorization, full referrer tracking, site reviews, site ratings, link validation, related categories, category searching, and search term tracking.

WebCalendar - WebCalendar is a PHP application used to maintain a calendar for one or more persons.

Entropy Search - Search Engine for your site

Entropy Banner - This feature allows you to create rotating banner ads for your site.

Simple CGI Wrapper - This is a CGI Wrapper that will allow you to run CGI Scripts with your User ID.

Random HTML - This is a Random HTML generator. It picks a string of HTML code from a list and inserts it an SSI (Server Side Includes) enabled web page.

Simple Guestbook -

Advanced Guestbook - This is a more advanced guestbook written in PHP and MySQL.

Counter - You can create a counter to count and show how many visitors have been to your site.

Clock - This utility will create a real time java clock for your site.

Countdown - You can create a countdown box to countdown to a specified date.

CGI Email - CGI Email takes the input of an HTML form and converts it into an email format defined by the author of the form.

FormMail Clone - FormMail Clone is a clone of Matt Wright's FormMail Script.

Search Engine Submittal - Submit your site to 7 major search engines.

yeah my cpanel site came with alot of those

You can get your first month free of charge at http://www.rha7.com/
We offer Fantastico, Unlimited emails, unlimited MySQL and your subdomain (yourname.rha7.com) and tons of scripts ready for you to use.

just send me an email admin@rha7.com
www.Rha7.com

Thanks!

Hi everyone

Very soon i will be putting my site onto a paid host and i was wondering what it means when a host says that i will "get these scripts free" and there are lots of things links invision power board and vbulliten listed.

Does this mean that i get a free forum when i use that host? Because a forum would be a great thing for my site and i really really dont want to have to MAKE ONE !! or buy one.

Make sure you find a host that is CURRENT with his updates (security issues) and uses fantastico to install the included scripts.

Hi everyone

Are you sure the list of programs includes vBulletin? I doubt that because its a paid script. $160 for owned licenses, and $85 for leased licenses. (You may want to check again, they might have a cracked copy). phpBB should definitely be on the list.

Hi everyone

I would very much like to know who your host is

Why are we bringing up such old topics the user who posted has only 52 posts since march 29th last year I dont think he'll be coming around to answer that any time soon.(ever)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.