Hi, I am having real trouble connecting my Laptop to the wireless network.

Here is the problem:

I have a PC set with with netgear router, all connected to the Internet fine. I can connect my mac to the wireless network by entering the WEP.

However, I have a Wireless Netgear Network card for a windows Laptop and i've completed all information correctly. The icon at the bottom shows that the laptop is connected wirelessley, but when I got into any Web Browser no pages will load up??

I have tried IP config/renew etc on the laptop, but it didn;t seem to do anything
Does anyone know how to solve this problem??

HELP!!!

some wireless access points (routers) require additional software to be installed before web browsing is permitted. Who is your ISP ? did the router ship with a driver cd which you installed on the mac but not the windows machine?

My ISP is Sky. I'm not sure if the router shipped with Additional software, I will check that.

I didn't install anything on the mac though, just typed in the WEp and it was ready to go.

are you using XPs built in wireless software or a 3rd party provider such as intel (or both)?

i've tried using the XP software and the Netgear Software provided with the wireless card.

did you find any additional software ? a cd or something?

can you connect to any of the other computers on the network?

Have you tried Pinging a website to see if it is a problem with you browser?

Comand line type: Ping www.google.com
and see if your get any returns.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.