So everything was working fine up until yesterday when verizon had an outage in my area. Afterwards, I could connect to the internet using my modem, but not through the router.

I am using a linksys wrt54gx2 srx200 wireless router and have verizon dsl. I can access the internet by using the modem directly through an ethernet cable, but when I connect the modem to the router The internet is not available. I can however still connect to the router either wirelessly or through a wired connection, but the internet just doesn't work. Anyone know of any suggestions? Also, sorry ahead of time, not very tech savvy. Thanks in advance!

Probably got short in the outage. Were you using it during the time the outage happened?

Yea I was using it, but I don't think it got shorted because I can still connect to my router, its just that I can't access the internet.

well a short can happen anywhere on the board. So I guess your DSL chip is fried.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.