Is it possible to have a DOS based system connected to my home network? It has a NIC and I have an available port.

The system would be used for PC maintenance such as downloading files, patches and doing scans before copying to my other systems.

Thanks...

Yes granted all PC's are under a dos6 naming convetion which is no spaces no non a-z 0-9 characters and under 7 letters long

Yes. If I recall correctly, my domain names are 6char and the domain name can be easily changed. Given the correct paramaters, after loading the nic drivers through autoexec & conf files, what application should I be using to log onto the current home network. Remember this system is strictly for system updates /files only. The files can will be copied after clearing tests.

What DOS apps would you recommend as the interface to logon, and possibly for downloading.

Thank you.

Somewhere I have a network boot disk that you can use to logon to a domain/workgroup with under DOS. Lemme poke around and see if I can find it...

Thank you for your assistance, I appreciate it. If you find the disk let me know, in the mean time I will search for the same.

Again, my thanks....

later...

Somewhere I have a network boot disk that you can use to logon to a domain/workgroup with under DOS. Lemme poke around and see if I can find it...

I can't find the disk, but I modeled it after Bart's. You can find it here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.